Thrive currently accepts volunteers for our Street Reach, Velocity Adventure, and Education Programs. Volunteers are the backbone of the work we do, assisting an established team in delivering support and services to those who are disconnected from community supports, services, educational opportunities, etc. Thrive’s volunteers are highly skilled with a strong knowledge of youth issues combined with hands on experience.
Potential Volunteer Roles include:
– Cooking/baking healthy snacks and meals for participant
– Drop-in services, such as making coffee, providing personal care items, and chatting with participants
– Tutoring or academic support for learners in our Educational Initiatives
– Running errands or supporting the day-to-day operation of programming
– Facilitating a group around a skill or talent you have, ie. crafting, cooking etc.
– Supporting holiday initiatives like the Christmas Store or Breakfast with Santa
Applicants interested in volunteering with Thrive should note that volunteer applications can be submitted around two times a year, late winter and late summer, depending on our need. A volunteer call out will be posted on our web page, news flash, and on Facebook.
It is important to note that we do ask our volunteers to be at least 18 years of age and to have 2-3 years’ experience working with at-risk populations. This is to ensure that our participants will receive the adequate services they need and deserve.
Thrive also requires that our volunteers commit 2 days per month to volunteering for at least 1 year.
If you are interested in volunteering please click here to fill out the application form.
Thrive is pleased to offer experiential learning opportunities for students from various disciplines and schools. A Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Persons Check will be required. Thrive currently accepts students looking for the following types of experiential learning opportunities:
- Street Outreach
- Youth Education/Literacy
- Recreation/Outdoor Adventure
- Community Development
- Public Health
- Assessment (Education)
- Data Management and Collection/Research
- Mental Health and Addictions