Meeting youth where they are, helping youth go where they want to go, and supporting youth to be who they want to be.
To assist youth, primarily 12-18 years of age, achieve their full potential and enhance the capacity of youth serving agencies.
- All individuals deserve equal opportunity
- All youth services must be youth friendly and non-discriminatory regarding gender, religion, culture, race, sexual orientation, etc.
- All services must be located in safe accessible environments
- Focus on the assets of youth
- To provide support to youth serving agencies
- Positive focus and energy
Thrive is an umbrella organization that works with the community to:
- address gaps in services;
- build community partnerships;
- increase awareness of existing programs and services; and
- conduct outreach to our most marginalized youth.
Thrive was established in 2001 and is part of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Community Youth Networks (CYNs). The CYNs were established to provide services and support to resilient youth 12 – 18 years of age who live in poverty and have limited access to mainstream programs and services.
Thrive is seen as a leading youth serving organization within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Since its inception, this organization has created some of our provinces most innovative services which has resulted in our organization:
- receiving a National Humanitarian Award from the Canadian Red Cross June 2007;
- being selected to host the former Governor General Michaelle Jean when she visited our province in 2010;
- being entrusted by our provincial government to lead the first provincial research study on youth sexual exploitation in August 2010;
- being selected by Rogers Communication as the first local independent partner and recipient for the Rogers Youth Fund June 2011; and
- being celebrated by community and government services for increasing the capacity of youth services through embracing partnership development and collaborative approaches.