Thrive respects your right to privacy and security when interacting with our website.
Your personal and financial information belongs to you. We feel that it is your right to be able to interact with our website in in a safe and secure environment, and to know how your personal and financial information is being used.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when, on our website you register / pay for an event, make an online donation, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When donating or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve our website – we continually strive to improve your experience in utilizing our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To process transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of completing the service requested (i.e., donation, registration, newsletter subscription, etc.)
• To send periodic emails – the email address you provide will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the service requested (i.e., donation, registration, newsletter subscription, etc.)
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a donation, pay for an event or enter, or submit your personal information.
Our website is built on one of the most respected web application platforms available, and is protected against unauthorized activity by robust hardware and software security systems. We also offer the use of a secure server.
On any pages where you make a donation or payment, Moneris, our payment gateway provider, encrypts your data using Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard security protocol and 128 bit encryption technologies which scrambles your data into an unreadable format to inhibit unauthorized access by others. This allows you to send and receive information without the worry of having that sensitive data (such as your credit card or home address) intercepted by anyone other than yourself and Moneris. You know that the page you are viewing is secure when your browser displays a ‘closed lock’ or other symbol to let you know that SSL has been enabled.
In processing your donation or payment, your financial information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is processed directly by Paypal or Moneris and is never accessed or stored by Thrive’s servers, even temporarily.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate or required to comply with a request or order of a legitimate court, police agency, the Canada Revenue Agency, or if requested by a credit card issuer in the case of a dispute. In addition, we may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate and/or necessary to enforce our website policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. Thrive will demand reasonable assurance that third parties will protect your information in conformity with our privacy practices.
Terms and Conditions
If we decide to change this policy, we will post those changes on this page.
P.O. Box 26067
St. John’s, NL