Planned Parenthood– NL Sexual Health Centre
Address: 47 St. Clare Ave, St. John’s, NL, A1C2J9
|Website: plannedparenthoodnlshc.com/ |
Tel: (709) 579-1009
Fax: (709) 726-2308
Toll-free: 1-877 NO MYTHS (666-9847)
To promote positive sexual health and 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusion through education, community partnership, information and services within an environment that supports and respects individual choice
Anyone—regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic status, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, religion, religious creed, national or social origin, marital status, family status and political opinion.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Sexual education: workshops and training for all ages on all aspects of comprehensive sexual health education and 2SLGBTQIA inclusion
- Sexual health clinics: doctor clinics for pap testing, breast exams, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted or blood borne infections, prescribe birth control, insert IUDs etc.
- Pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Toll free sexual health information line
- Birth control and emergency contraception information and counseling
- Free condoms and packets of lubricant
- Free menstrual products
- Free safer drug use and HRT supplies
- Sexual and reproductive health resource library
- 2SLGBTQIA+ and Social Science Fiction and Non-Fiction Lending Library.
- Affordable birth control options
- Support groups and referrals for the 2SLGBTQ community
- Drugs and Harm Reducation
- Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- Healthy Sexuality (Puberty, Sex, Healthy Relationships, and Consent)
- The Ins and Outs of Healthy Relationships: This is a 12-week program that will be delivered 4 times per year. program is designed for those between 14-19 years of age. Our next session will take place online (If you have issues with computers or internet please contact us)
- This program has been supported with a grant from the Canadian Women’s Foundation and its partners.
Additionally if you have any further questions about the program please e-mail Alice and email@example.com or call our centre at 579-1009.
- Adult Sexual Health and Healthy Relationships Program: This program will occur weekly for 2 hours via zoom on Thursday evenings for 5 weeks
- Queering the Compass : All spots for this training are filled however we will be starting a waitlist. See the following link to be added to the waitlist
We are also hoping to run this program again in the future!
- 2SLGBTQIA+ Programming