1554 Carling Ave, Suite 243, Ottawa, ON K1Z 7M4
The local PFLAG does not have an address or building in NL
Tel: 1-888-530-6777 ext. 575 NL Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To support, educate and provide resources to anyone with questions or concerns. As well, to offer local, practical and emotional peer-to-peer family support for individuals and their loved ones challenged by gender/sexual identity.
Target population: Canadians with issues of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered: Canada’s only national organization that offers peer-to-peer support, PFLAG Canada is many things—it is comfort, it is support and it is a source of information. However, PFLAG Canada in its simplest form, is its supporters: you and the many others across Canada, working to build a better future for the LGBTQ community of Canada.
- Monthly peer support meetings: Every third Thursday of the month from 7:30pm-9:30pm at 12-16 Carter’s Hill Place (choices for youth building)
- Find your Chapter: PFLAG Canada’s network of national chapters are run by dedicated volunteers who’ve been where you are now and want to help you get to where you’re going. Find your nearest chapter and learn what support is available in your own backyard.
- Online Support: If you prefer a more anonymous interaction, follow them on Twitter or like them on No judgements or questions asked and always confidential.
- Other Resources: If you’re not quite ready to reach out to PFLAG directly, take a look through their extensive listing of resources to help point you in the right Just remember that you are not alone—PLFAG is there for you whenever you feel you’re ready.
- Get Involved: Whether it’s becoming a long-term member or short-term volunteer, there are many ways to get involved with PFLAG Canada