MUN SAGA (Sexual and Gender Advocacy Resource Centre)
Address: 1 Arctic Avenue, Memorial University, UC6022, St. John’s, NL A1B 1T0
|Facebook: @munsagaresourcecenter and @gendergearinitiative|
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (709) 864-7619
To make the community a safe space for LBGTQ individuals, their families, and their supporters.
Anybody in the St. John’s community; on or off MUN campus.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Safe space for individuals in the St. John’s community.
- Awareness and Advocacy for people of marginalized genders and orientations, both among marginalized populations and among the community as a whole.
- Provides Information on topics relating to sexual health, well-being, and gender awareness.
- Provides condoms, tampons, sanitary pads, chest binders, and books.
- Provides peer counselling, coffee, and a chill, inclusive, confidential atmosphere.
- Events: Queer Prom, and Queer-a-Palooza (before Finals in the Winter Term); intended for individuals to have the prom experiences they missed out on in High School, and foster the amateur drag community of St. John’s.