Multicultural Women’s Organization of NL (MWONL)
Address: Box #9, Nuport Building, 44 Torbay Road, St. John’s, NL A1A 2G4
|Tel: (709) 726-0321 |
Fax: (709) 726-0322
The Multicultural Women’s Organization of Newfoundland and Labrador (MWONL) serves immigrant, newcomer, and visible minority women through a wide variety of supportive and culturally appropriate programs and services that facilitate connection, belonging and participation in the community.
A dynamic women-led organization that empowers and supports women from diverse backgrounds.
- Women-Centred: A diverse group of women supporting each other.
- Empowerment: Strengthening women’s voices and choices.
- Equity: Enabling opportunities that elevate women.
- Cultural Safety: A respectful space for women free of racism and other forms of discrimination.
Newcomers, Immigrant women and their families, seniors, International students and others who will benefit from our programs.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
MWONL provides professional, gender-based, culturally competent, comprehensive services to meet the diverse needs of immigrant women and their families. Programs and services are easily accessible and are offered by skilled and dedicated staff supported by committed board members and volunteers. Programs and services include:
- Health and Wellness Programs (Children, Adults, and Seniors)
- Arts and Crafts
- Trans-Cultural Competency & Awareness (TCCA) Training
- Fees: Full/half day workshops are offered (group of 10 or more preferred).
- Please contact email@example.com for further details.
- Volunteer Development Program
- Empowerment Sessions
- Educational and information Sessions
- Newcomers Network, Community Connection for Social Integration
- Career Development & Employment Readiness Program
- Community Partnerships
- Leadership & Skills Development
- Professional Social Work Counselling and Support
- Resource Directory (a listing of interpreters)
- Violence Prevention, Awareness and Referral Services
- Public Education and Presentation