Day Treatment Program – Eastern Health
St. Clare’s Hospital, 154 LeMarchant Road, St. John’s, NL A1C 5B8
Tel: (709) 777-5252 Toll-Free: 1-877-999-7589 Fax: (709) 777-5093
Tel: (709) 752-3916 Email: MHAintake@easternhealth.ca
Service Provider Website:
Mandate: To provide outpatient services to adults with a major psychiatric disorder.
Target population: Individuals with a major psychiatric disorder who are in remission from the acute phase of their illness.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Day Treatment is an 8 week adult group program which runs from Monday to Thursday, 9 m. to 2 p.m.
- The program can help individuals avoid hospitalization for mental health concerns or to transition out of
- Referral by a psychiatrist is
- The Grace Centre is a live-in addiction treatment Centre located in Harbour If you are a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador and over the age of 18, The Grace Centre may be able to help with your drug and/or alcohol concern.
- The Grace Centre offers a structured program that focuses on your needs through individual, group and family There are 18 private rooms and the usual stay is 28 days.
- Most people go to counselling or other programs first, but if you feel that you need residential services, ask your physician, nurse or counsellor about The Grace They can assist with a referral if The Grace Centre is right for you.
- Humberwood is a live-in, non-medical treatment Centre located in Corner Brook. If you are a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador and over the age of 19, Humberwood may be able to help with your drug, alcohol and/or gambling
- Humberwood offers a structured program that focuses on your needs through individual, group and family There are private rooms and the usual stay is 21 days.
- Most people go to counselling or other programs first, but if you feel that you need residential services, ask your physician, nurse or counsellor about They can assist with a referral if Humberwood is right for you.
- For more information call 709-634-4506 or visit the website
- Hope Valley is a live-in treatment center for 12-18 year olds in the province who are concerned about their drug or alcohol
- Hope Valley is located in Grand Falls-Windsor and the average stay is 3-4 The Centre houses up to 12 youth and provides a variety of services such as detox, counselling, schooling and life skills training.
- Please discuss Hope Valley with your health care provider or contact us at 709-292-8360 to help decide if this service is right for you or a loved
- Out-of-Province Treatment Policy: The Department of Health and Community Services has guidelines for the application process of Out-of-Province (OOP) addictions treatment and specialized mental health Treatment options within the province must first be fully utilized and/or deemed not appropriate to meet specific client needs before funding approval for out-of-province treatment is provided. For more information, click here.
The Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Clinch Crescent, 300 Prince Phillip Drive, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V6
Emergency: (709) 777-4575 Fax: (709) 777-4884
General Inquiries and Patient Information: (709) 777-6300
Health Information and Advice for Pediatrics & Poison Control: 811 For an online Phone Directory, click here.
Service Provider Website: easternhealth.ca/AboutEH.aspx?d=3&id=789&p=724
Mandate: The Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre, part of the Health Sciences Centre Complex, is Newfoundland and Labrador’s only hospital specializing in pediatric health care. The Janeway is a tertiary care centre with modern emergency, diagnostic, operating and development and rehabilitation departments.
Target Population: Children and Adolescents
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Room Accommodations
- 42 Acute Care Medical Surgical beds
- 7 Acute care psychiatry beds
- 25 Neonatal Intensive Care beds
- Therapeutic Pool
- 6 Pediatric Care Intensive Care beds
- 3 Operating rooms
- Delivery and case room
- Janeway John’s Maple Leaf Gardens (therapeutic play garden)
- Laboratory Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Radiography (X-ray)
- Emergency Services
- Children and Women’s Health
- Outreach Programs in Diabetes, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, and Hemophilia
- Extensive Rehabilitation Centre
- Inpatient & Outpatient Services
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Neurology, Cardiology, Adolescent Medicine, Gastrointestinal and Lifestyles
- The Recovery Centre in John’s is open to anyone in the province who is 16+ and needs help while withdrawing from alcohol, drugs and/or gambling. (You may have previously known this service as “detox”).
- The Recover Centre has around-the-clock nursing support and can provide medication to help with your withdrawals as Once you start to feel better, they have a counsellor and meetings to support you as you begin your recovery.
- To get started (you don’t need a referral, but you do need to call yourself):
- Call us at 709-752-4980 or 1-877-752-4980. They will ask you some questions over the phone to make sure the Recovery Centre is the best service for you. If they are the right service, they will offer you a bed usually within 24 hours.
Or, don’t hesitate to ask a counselor, doctor, your hospital Emergency Department or community agency about the Recovery Centre.
- Tuckamore is a live-in treatment Centre for 12 – 18 year olds in the Newfoundland and Labrador who have complex mental health
- Tuckamore is located in Paradise and the average length of stay for young people is between 6 – 12
- The program includes individual, group and family counselling as well as life skills training, recreation, and art and music
- Tuckamore provides a safe home-like environment, a school area, a multipurpose room, a physical fitness area and an apartment for family visiting overnight.
- You can also ask your physician, nurse, clinician or social worker about other supports for youth in your area (i.e., counselling). If Tuckamore is right for you, they can help with a
- For more information:
- Click here for the Tuckamore Centre Youtube
- Youth Treatment Centre Brochure (PDF, 2014)
- Or, Call 709-752-3914