First Light St. John’s Friendship Centre
Address: 40 Quidi Vidi Road, St. John’s, NL, A1A 1C1
|Tel: (709) 726-5902 |
To serve the urban Indigenous and non-Indigenous community alike by providing programs and services rooted in the revitalization, strengthening and celebration of Indigenous cultures and languages in the spirit of trust, respect and friendship.
Anyone, with a focus on those who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit) and their families.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
Note: Registration in advance is required for all programs at this time. You can register
online here: https://sjnfc.wildapricot.org.
- After School Program (ages 5-12)
- Teen Program (ages 13-17)
- Young Adults Program (ages 18-30)
- Women’s Group
- Breathe (for parents of children under 18)
- Inuit Program
- Inlingavugut (for foster/adoptive families of Inuit children)
- Wisdom Circle (ages 50+)
- Community Culture Circle (First Nations based)
- Creator’s Crafts
- Housing Support
- Employment Support
- Cultural Support
- Indigenous Patient Navigator Program (located at Eastern Health)
- COVID-19 Support (vaccination appointments, etc.)
- Childcare Centre (97 Elizabeth Avenue)
- Centre for Performance and Creativity (42 Bannerman Street)
- Cultural Diversity Training
- Transportation (Medical) Clients who use this program are funded by Health Canada-FNIHB or the Nunatsiavut Government, and must be pre-approved by their funder.
- Affordable Housing Units