716 Water Street, St. John’s, NL, A1E 1C1
Tel: (709) 726-5902
Shelter: (709) 726-5970
Fax: (709) 722-0874
Mandate: To serve the urban Indigenous and non-Indigenous community alike by providing programs and services rooted in the revitalization, strengthening and celebration of Indigenous cultures and languages in the spirit of trust, respect, and friendship
Target Population: Everyone, with a focus on those who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit) and their families.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Inuit Gathering Circle
- Community Cultural Circle
- Men’s Drumming
- Women’s Zumba, co-ed Yoga, and Competitive teams also play each Monday in the St. John’s Metro Volleyball League.
- Tea & Sharing
- Mi’kMaq Women’s Circle
- Youth Employment Services
- Youth Drumming
- Play Group
- Turtle Island Summer Camp
- After School Program:
- The Royal Eagles Backpack program: Returning to school in the fall can be a very stressful time for students and their Often, a major stressor is the added expense of school supplies.
- Healthy Snack Program: Funded by the Kids Eat Smart Foundation, the Healthy Snack Program provides participants with a nutritional snack
- Homework Program: September to June, Monday to Friday staff are available between the hours of 2:00pm-4:00pm for homework help or Tutoring occurs at the request of parents or youth. Staff are available to work one on one with youth to help meet their individual needs.
- Employment and Housing Services
- Aboriginal Diversity Training
- Shanawdithit Shelter
- Aboriginal Arts Program
- Healing Circle
- Spirit Horse
- Cultural Support
- Aboriginal Patient Navigator Program: a link between Aboriginal communities and Eastern Health care provide