Address: 807 Water Street, PO Box 26067, St. John’s, NL A1E 1C4
Tel: (709) 754-0536 Fax: (709) 754-0842
Mandate: To assist vulnerable individuals in achieving their full potential and enhance the capacity of youth serving agencies.
To Individuals: Thrive provides low barrier supports and services to empower vulnerable individuals (ages 12 and up) who struggle with issues including education, sexual exploitation, trauma, mental health, and addictions.
To Organizations: Thrive also provides innovative programs and collaborations (including professional development and knowledge sharing) to address critical gaps in services and expand the capacity of social service providers and organizations.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Education Program:
- Supports youth aged 16-29 who have left the mainstream school system and would like to pursue educational opportunities.
- Offers individualized programming based on educational needs ranging from foundational literacy & numeracy through to GED (General Educational Diploma) preparation and testing.
- Offers individual supports to help address non-academic issues that are impacting learners.
- Offers GED testing to the general public.
- To complete a referral for the Education Program, please click here.
- Street Reach: A barrier free outreach service for anyone 16 years & over. Program is guided by the principles or harm reduction, and person centered care.
- Drop in services daily and a minimum of one evening per week. Through drop in services people can access safer injection supplies, snack/meal, telephone & WIFI access, outerwear, personal care items, and condoms.
- Outreach walks in the downtown core at various times throughout the week
- Intensive individualized supports for people needing help with a variety of issues including, but not limited to housing, justice, mental health & addictions, physical health.
- Naloxone kits & training available
- Blue Door: An “exiting” program for individuals primarily 14-29 years who are engaged in the sex trade, sexually exploited situations, including sex trafficking.
- Supports range from education & employment, outreach, system navigation, counselling, and intensive individual supports. Program is inclusive of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
- For a referral form, click here.
Programs for Service Providers
- Community Support and Development: Offers services for professionals working with young people, and includes:
- Thrive Talks – Networking and Professional Development Sessions,
- “What’s Up!” Newsletter
- To sign up for the community newsletter, click here.
- Directory of Services for Youth
- Community development and capacity building, and more.
- For additional information on any of these initiatives, please contact Ange Crockwell at email@example.com or 754-0536 ext. 201
- Coalition Against the Sexual Exploitation of Youth (CASEY): A Coalition of community stakeholders working to address issues relating to the sexual exploitation of youth
- In 2021 CASEY developed and launched Notified – a free virtual self-paced training about the online sexual exploitation of youth in Canada. Available on Thrive’s website.
- CASEY produced a 16 minute video that can be used for education, training and awareness. The video includes the voices of four NL Youth who have been sexually exploited and provides the viewer with information on what sexual exploitation is; who is at risk; the grooming and luring process; and warning signs.
- The video comes with a discussion guide and is appropriate for youth (12 and over), parents, youth service workers, professionals and the general public.
- To find out more about CASEY or to book a presentation or training session, please contact Amnesty Cornelius at 754-0536 ext. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and Caregivers
- Looking for programs or services for a young person? Check out our online Directory of Services for Youth. If you can’t find what you need there, please call 754-0536 for assistance.