Address: 9 Bonaventure Avenue, PO Box 1800, St. John’s, NL, A1C 5P9
|Email: email@example.com |
Tel: (709) 757-8000
Fax: (709) 757-8017
|Instagram: @therooms_nl |
As Newfoundland and Labrador’s largest public cultural space, The Rooms seeks to unite Newfoundland’s history, heritage and artistic expression through featuring the Provincial Archives, Art Gallery and Museum. A place for people, The Rooms is a portal to the many stories our province has to tell.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Showcasing the artifacts, natural history, archival records and visual art of the province and its people
- Programming for school and youth includes: school programs, edu-kits, art workshops for youth, youth group programs, Chevron Open Minds, and virtual exhibits. (Please note: due to Covid-19 restrictions all in-person educational programming has been postponed until further notice.)
- Programming for Artists includes: the Art in the Park – Artist in Residence (AIR) Program; the Elbow Room Artist in Residence Program; the Provincial Art Bank Program; and information on Exhibition Protocol for artists submitting proposals.
- Public programming includes: Coffee and Culture, Engaging Evenings, Family Fun, Educational workshops and other special events. (Please note: due to Covid-19 restrictions all in-person public programming is limited until further notice.)
- Free Admission to The Rooms on the first Wednesday evening of every month, from 6-9 pm.
- Free Admission all day on Fridays for post-secondary students with a valid student ID.