Address: 9 Bonaventure Avenue, PO Box 1800, St. John’s, NL, A1C 5P9
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Tel: (709) 757-8000
Fax: (709) 757-8017
|Instagram: @therooms_nl |
As Newfoundland and Labrador’s largest public cultural space, The Rooms seeks to unite Newfoundland’s history, heritage and artistic expression through featuring the Provincial Archives, Art Gallery and Museum. A place for people, The Rooms is a portal to the many stories our province has to tell.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Showcasing the artifacts, natural history, archival records and visual art of the province and its people
- Collections & Research: The rooms collects and preserves objects, artworks and archival materials relevant to the past, present and future of Newfoundland and Labrador. Interested in making a donation to the History Collection of The Rooms? Read our FAQs.
- The Rooms cafe: emphasis is on Newfoundland and Labrador’s food heritage offering a range of food options from desserts, coffees, wine and much more. Please click here to view the hours of operation.
- Public programming includes: Coffee and Culture, Engaging Evenings, Family Fun, Educational workshops and other special events.
- Summer camp: Join us for exploration, creative fun activities.
- Camps are suited for children going into grade 1 – grade 8 in September 2023
- Camp session runs from Mon-Fri 9am-4pm
- Programming for school and youth includes: school programs, edu-kits, art workshops for youth, youth group programs, Chevron Open Minds, and virtual exhibits.
- To book a Rooms Edukit please contact Joy Barfoot at 709-757-8092 or email email@example.com
- To book a educational program or for additional information, please contact Visitor Services at 757-8090 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to fill out the Chevron Open Minds: provides teachers with the opportunity to move their classroom to The Rooms for an entire week application
- Digital and Virtual Learning: coming soon
- Programming for Artists includes: the Art in the Park – Artist in Residence (AIR) Program; the Elbow Room Artist in Residence Program; the Provincial Art Bank Program; and information on Exhibition Protocol for artists submitting proposals.