St. John’s Shambhala Meditation Group
Address: 120 LeMarchant Road, St. John’s, NL A1C 2H1
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: stjohns.shambhala.org |
Facebook: St. Johns Shambhala Group
To assist individuals in cultivating the mind’s inherent stability, clarity and strength in order to be more awake and to develop the compassion and insight necessary to care for oneself and the world genuinely.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- At the St. John’s Shambhala Meditation Group, they offer programs in Buddhist teachings, meditation and other contemplative disciplines, as well as free individual meditation instruction.
- Ocean Yoga: All Ocean Yoga classes are accessible to all levels, with a focus on breath and body awareness.
- Learn to Meditate: These introduction to meditation sessions occur the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30PM. Anyone interested who isn’t free on Tuesday nights can email to arrange an alternate time.
- Wednesday Evening Meditation: Group meditation practice; the format provides 25 mins sitting, 10 mins of walking meditation, and ending with a final 25 mins of sitting. Sitting begins at 7:30 pm; all are welcome.
- Sunday Morning Meditation: Join the group for sitting meditation practice at any time. They generally alternate 25 mins of sitting meditation with 10 mins of walking and give a reading at 11:45.
- If you wish to attend morning chants please arrive for 10:00am. After this time joining the group for meditation is best done by arriving during any of the walking periods.
- Membership: Although membership is not required to participate in much of what the Center has to offer, financial support allows the centre to continue.