St. John’s Row ing Club
Address: Quidi Vidi Boathouse, PO Box 28054, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J8
|Email: email@example.com |
|Facebook: @stjohnsrowingclub |
Offer a full range of programs for beginners, intermediate and competitive rowers.
Ages 12 and up.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Youth Learn To Row: Youth Learn to Row is geared towards children aged from 12 – 16. Starting at the end of June and continuing until the end of August, the Youth Learn to Row program provides an opportunity for young people to begin the process of becoming rowers, perhaps with a goal of moving on to the junior development and competitive programs and eventually competing in Canada Games.
- Junior Development: is geared towards children aged 12-17. Starting in May and continuing until October and then beginning winter training from November to May, the program provides youth rowers to work on their physical, mental, technical, tactical and life skills while working towards their rowing goals. Working from “train to train” model focusing on skills and drills, race simulation, ergometer/dryland training in fun supportive environment. After age 15 they may continue in the program or choose to transition to the junior competitive program pending evaluation by the coaching team. Athletes should have at least one year of experience in Learn to Row or a similar program.
- Junior Competitive: Junior Competitive is the program for more advanced youth rowers who will be eligible to compete in the 2021 Canada Games. Athletes must have rowing experience and have displayed both a dedication to the sport of rowing and the required training.
- Adult Learn to Row: The Program is open to any adults over 18 years of age who are interested in rowing. Adults with any level of experience are welcome to join this program: it is designed for novice and experienced rowers alike. This program is a great way for individuals to learn the fundamentals of rowing, improve their skills, and remain active. For the more experienced rowers, there will also be opportunities to focus on more advanced technical skills, follow a more structured training plan, and aim to compete if interested.
- Adult Recreational This program is designed for adults 19+ beginning in May and continuing until October with winter training from November until May. This program’s is for adults 19+ who want train recreationally and or gain further experience before entering competitive pathway. Athletes in this program may want to enter in the regattas and local racing opportunities. Rowers with fixed seat rowing experience are strongly encouraged to use this program as a means to join the slide-seat rowing community.
- Adult Masters: is competitive based program designed for adults 19+ who want to train in regattas (Masters category distance is typically 1000m). The program focuses on physical conditioning, high performance rowing, and racing technique. Previous racing experience is desirable for this program, but it is not essential. Beginning in May and continuing until October with winter training from November until May.
- Summer Erg membership: is for adults 18+ who want to get in extra training days during the summer on water season. The erg room is located in Studio 6 at Max Fitness, 34 New Cove Road
- Program Schedule: click here to viewing programming. Click here for events
- Join us: click here to register for membership
- Volunteer opportunities: click here to sign up to volunteer to help maintain club operations
- Employment opportunities: click here to join our amazing team