Tel: 709-570-4636 Facebook: @stjohnsmfrc
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 709-722-3145
Mandate: To provide quality programs and services that promote healthy, happy, strong and resilient military families. The MFRC prides itself upon being professional, passionate and committed to the community.
Target Population: Military Families
Highlight of Programs / Services:
- A wide variety of programs and services to meet the needs of children, youth of all ages and adults. These include Playgroup, Drop-off Childcare, Youth Nights, Field Trips, Youth Drop In, as well as school age / youth Easter and Summer Camps. They offer emergency child care services when necessary. They also offer programs and activities for adults as well.
- The St. John’s MFRC takes pride in providing support services to CAF members and their families affected by a temporary or extended absence of the CAF member due to military requirements.
- At the end of each school year the St. John’s MFRC, through Support Our Troops, offers a scholarship which is open to all CAF Member dependents who reside in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The MFRC refers military members and their families to various Career Work Centres in St. John’s and surrounding areas.
- Prevention, Support and Intervention (PSI) seeks to promote strong and resilient Military Families. PSI services are heavily focused on empowering individuals and families through education and prevention, assessment and referral services, crisis support and short-term intervention. The PSI Coordinator will work with individuals and family members to develop action plans to help better manage crisis and periods of high stress.
- The Family Liaison Officer is a MFRC Social Worker who is co-located within the Transition Centre (TC), connecting both centres to ensure that the widest variety of support is offered to families of CAF personnel who are coping with an illness, injury or special need. Family Liaison Officers also provide tailored assistance to the families of the fallen, including professional counselling and referrals to appropriate civilian resources.