145 Churchill Avenue, St. John’s, NL A1A 0N9
Tel: 709-570-4636 Toll Free: 1-877-280-3636 Instagram: @st.johns_mfrc
Mandate: To provide quality programs and services that promote healthy, happy, strong and resilient military families. The MFRC prides itself upon being professional, passionate and committed to the community.
Target Population: Military families and communities
Highlight of Programs / Services:
- A wide variety of programs and services to meet the needs of children and youth of all ages. These include Playgroup, Drop-off Childcare, Far Out Family Fitness, Youth Nights, Field Trips, Youth Drop In, as well as school age / youth Easter and Summer Camps. They also offer emergency child care services when necessary.
- The St. John’s MFRC takes pride in providing support services to CF members and their families effected by a temporary or extended absence of the CF member due to military requirements.
- At the end of each school year the St. John’s MFRC offers a scholarship which is open to all CF Member dependents 16 to 19 years of age who reside in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The MFRC refers military members and their families to various Career work Centres in St. John’s and surrounding areas.
- Prevention, Support and Intervention seeks to promote strong and resilient Military Families. PSI services are heavily focused on empowering individuals and families through education and prevention, assessment and referral services, crisis support and short-term intervention. The PSI Coordinator will work with individuals and family members to develop action plans to help better manage crisis and periods of high stress.
- The Family Liaison Officer is a MFRC social worker who is co-located within the Integrated Personnel Support Centre, connecting both centres to ensure that the widest variety of support is offered to families of CF personnel who are coping with an illness, injury or special need. Family Liaison Officers also provide tailored assistance to the families of the fallen, including professional counselling and referrals to appropriate civilian resources.