Boys and Girls Club of St. John’s
PO Box 5012, St. John’s, NL, A1C 5V3
Mundy Pond Unit Buckmasters Cricle Unit
40 Mundy Pond Road 25 Buckmasters Circle
Tel: (709) 579-0181 Tel: (709) 579-0181
Fax: (709) 579-0182 Fax: (709) 579-4520
Vicki Doyle Ashley Fitzpatrick
Program Coordinator Program Coordinator
Chantelle Bennett Melissa Slaney
Resource Development Coordinator Club Manager
Mandate: To provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Target Population: Children and youth in St. John’s
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- After School Program includes:
- Homework and Tutoring
- Games Room
- Computer Room
- Arts and Crafts
- After School Nutrition
- Health & Wellness.
- Strong Girls: Gives female members the opportunity to grow and succeed in a non-stigmatizing environment. Girls take part in many recreation, leadership, and sporting activities, including girls only basketball, and soccer, along with many other exciting activities.
- Teen Programs: Offers programs for youth (ages 13-17) in the community to take part in programs such as gym, tutoring, free play recreation, teen mentorship, youth leadership and Keystone Club.
- Torch Club: A small group leadership and empowerment program for youth aged 10 to 13. Torch Clubs empower youth with the knowledge and the skills to make positive choices in their lives.
- Future Chefs: A program that is offered at both club units weekly to all age group memberships within the After School Program. In this program members are given the opportunity to prepare, cook and taste many recipes that are healthy choices.
- Special Events: Throughout the school year, staff coordinates a number of special events including: Halloween haunted house, day camps (school closure), Christmas parties, dances, wake-a-thons, field trips, winter carnival and Easter day camps.