REAL Program (Recreation Experiences and Leisure)
The REAL program provides recreation and leisure opportunities to children and youth up to age 18 facing financial barriers to participation.
Application deadlines: Summer: April 17 Fall: July 17 Winter/Spring: November 17
Guidelines to Apply:
- Proof of residency must be provided to qualify for the REAL Program (must be a St. John’s resident). Please provide a document that matches the address on the application.
- Proof of income for family required to determine eligibility. Notice of Assessment preferred (line 150). Contact REAL Program for other acceptable statements of income.
- Applications are accepted seasonally and are processed in accordance to the deadline dates noted above.
- Children/youth can access one activity each season. Separate application for each child and each season required. Applications are not held over from one season to the next.
- This is a service for children/youth currently NOT participating in paid or funded recreation programs.
- Resources and placements are limited and often in demand. If a child is placed in an activity, attendance is required. If the child/youth cannot attend or participate, the parent/guardian must contact the REAL Program.
- If transportation or equipment is required, contact must be made with the REAL Program as soon as possible.
- If there are any days/times not suitable (that do not work) please include on the application.
Here’s what to do:
- Complete application in full identifying the activity of interest.
- Attach proof of residency & proof of income.
- Sign the Authorization.
- Email, mail or drop off application.
- Applications that have questions or require assistance in completing this application contact 576-8684/4556 or email email@example.com
|Mailing Address: REAL Program, City of St. John’s Division of Recreation P.O Box 908 St. John’s, NL A1C 5M2 |
Drop off Locations:
Access St. John’s, City Hall (10 New Gower Street)
HGR Mews Community Centre (40 Mundy Pond Road)
Paul Reynolds Community Centre (35 Carrick Drive)
REAL Program (1 Crosbie Place)