School of Human Kinetics and Recreation, Physical Education Bldg., MUN, St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
Tel: (709) 864-8130 Fax: (709) 864-7531 Youtube: School of HKR
Mandate: To provide opportunities for young children and their parents/guardians to explore movement activities, and for undergraduate and graduate students to observe and interact with young children in a movement environment.
Target population: Open to all children between walking and their 6th birthday.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- There is no cost, but registration is required on the morning of sessions and is limited to 40 children.
- Designed to promote parental participation as children explore a variety of movement experiences.
- Parents should provide assistance and encouragement to their children when necessary, but should allow the children to freely engage in movement exploration.
- Students, undergraduate or graduate, will provide supervision throughout the sessions and will ensure that the program environment is challenging and safe.
- Parents must be present for the duration of each session and are responsible for maintaining their child/children’s safety, along with the students.