PerSIStence Theatre Company
Location: The Nest – 2nd Floor, 410 East White Hills Road, St. John’s, NL A1A 5J7
Youtube: Info Persistence Theatre Company
SoundCloud Podcasts: https://soundcloud.com/persistencetheatre
PerSIStence Theatre Company a non-profit, charitable (798 690 483 RR0001) organization in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada that responds to the persistent and universal need for promoting, understanding and embracing the core beliefs of feminism. Through professional theatre and related initiatives, we work to change hearts and minds.
All marginalized genders; residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- PerSIStence Theatre offers a variety of year-round events that promote the feminist philosophy.
- Through their guiding principles, Persistence Theatre company works to:
- Challenge discrimination and stereotype in all forms
- Produce stories where at least 50 per cent of the text is spoken by women* character(s)
- Offer opportunities to all genders with a focus towards people who identify as women*
- Respond to issues that affect women* and girls in our community
- Re-examine universal stories traditionally told by men, through a feminist lens
- Strive to work through an intersectional lens for gender parity
*PerSIStence Theatre recognizes the limiting nature of the binary use of the word ‘woman.’ We serve and welcome anyone on the gender spectrum who identifies either always or some of the time as a woman, including trans women, women of colour, Indigenous women, women living with disabilities, as well as non-binary people who are comfortable in a space that centres the experiences of women.
Upcoming productions and projects may be viewed on the Persistence Website.