MAX Arts, Athletics, and Wellness
East Address: 34 New Cove Road, St. John’s, NL
Central Address: 6 St. Clare Avenue, St. John`s, NL
Tel: (709) 733-7330
Mandate: MAX’s philosophy revolves around constant progress and striving to reach your maximum potential, regardless of age. They are committed to excellence that extends outside of the class and into everyday life.
Target Population: All ages, with age requirements varying by program
Highlight of Programs / Services: · Arts programs:
- Dance programs for ages 2+ including Graceful Dancers, Groovy Dancers, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Modern
- Music and Theatre programs for infants and up including Music Together (infants to 5 years), Rhythm Kids (ages 6-8), Musical Theatre Ensemble (Age 6 to Grade 6)
- Sports programs include: Basketball (Grades 1-6), Ball Hockey (Grades 1-6), and Volleyball (Grades 4-9)
- Martial Arts: ages 3 and up included Mini (ages 3-5), Youth (ages 6-7), Belt Rank Classes (ages 8-15), Kickboxing (ages 10+), Adult (ages 16+)
- STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math; this program is specifically designed for elementary aged students; it bundles designing, building, problem-solving, computer programming, critical thinking, collaboration and communication
- Fitness: Fully equipped Fitness Centre as well as over 100 group classes each week; such as Strength, Conditioning, Spin, Yoga and more.
- After School Program: Locations in Manuels, Foxtrap, Paradise, Mount Pearl, St. John’s; accepts children in grades Kindergarten to Grade 6, children are picked up from school in MAX fleet buses, open until 6pm for pick up, includes activities such as Fitness 4 fun, yoga, martial arts, traditional sports and various others.
- Summer Camps: Camp MAX is a recreational summer camp that is an extension of the After School Program
- Childcare: full-time and part-time Preschool program at 34 New Cove Road and full-time childcare at Gingerbread House in Mount Pearl (ages 2-5).