Johnson GEO Centre
175 Signal Hill Road, St. John’s, NL, A1A 1B2
Hours of Operation: Please click here for most up-to-date information.
|Tel: (709) 864-3200 |
The province’s premier science centre, the Johnson Geo Centre works to educate and inform the public on the importance of Newfoundland and Labrador’s geology, and to foster curiosity in science and the world around them.
Tourists and residents of the province, including school classes, youth groups, and seniors’ organizations.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- The Geo Centre offers public interpretation as well as hands-on, curriculum-based programming for school groups. Geo’s exhibits engage and inform visitors about science topics and concepts, and Geo Classes provide fun, hands-on learning based on approved curriculum.
- Geo Vista Park: eight interlooped walkways through spectacular natural rocks and plants and some old structures from earlier settlements on historic Signal Hill. Most of all the amazing view of the city of St.John’s from Signal Hill
- Geo Gifts: Our gift shop carries a variety of items including fun and educational books and toys, a large selection of jewelry, fossils, rocks and minerals and much more
- Tours and Talks: on geology, space, and history.
- Please note: schedule is subject to change. Please speak with an Interpreter upon arrival for the most up-to-date information.
- Galleries and Exhibits: Explore the exhibits, learn about science,and stay curious!
- For Admission rates click here