206 Mount Scio Rd, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4L5
Twitter: @EasterSealsNL Toll Free: 1-888-601-6767 Fax: (709) 754-1398
Mandate: To maximize the abilities and enhance the lives of children and youth with physical disabilities through recreational, social and other therapeutic programs, direct assistance, education and advocacy.
Target population: Children and youth with physical disabilities and their families
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Recreational Therapy: Easter Seals kids experience summer camps, sailing, skiing, sledge hockey, sea kayaking, rock climbing and much more. The activities not only help the children build confidence, physical strength and self-esteem, but allow them to just have fun.
- Direct Assistance: Helps families deal with the financial challenges they face. Wheelchairs, walkers, strollers, ramps, specialized computers, home adaptation devices, bikes, sleds and more … all given to families through the Equipment Exchange, Ramps for Kids and Direct Assistance Programs.
- Skills Development and Education: Helps children as they get older and make their transition from school to the workforce. Provides lifestyle skills, vocational training, and paid work placements.
- Advocacy: Easter Seals advocates for children with physical disabilities each year.
- The Easter Seals Foundation offers a variety of recreational activities and events, such as:
- Sledge Hockey
- Wheelchair Basketball
- Let’s Get Active
- Creative Expressions Music Program
- Climbing Wall
- Target Shooting
- To find out more about programs and services, click