Tara Place, Suite 202, 31 Peet Street, P.O. Box 13814, St. John’s, NL A1B 4G3
Tel: (709) 753-0423 Fax: (709) 753-0437
Mandate: The Award seeks to get youth more involved in their community, make new friends, get physically fit, discover new talents and inspire them to reach their potential.
Target Population: Youth 14-25 years of age
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award gives youth the chance to set goals and achieve results in a fun and challenging way. The Award operates under the idea that not all learning happens in the classroom! It gives youth the chance to set personal goals and achieve results in a fun and challenging way. Criteria for gaining an Award is individual improvement through persistence and achievement, taking into account the participant’s capabilities, without any element of competition between participants.
- For The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award general guidelines, click
- Entry into the award program is open to all young people and is made registering with a participating group or with the Provincial Award Office. For the online registration guide, click here.
- A young person may enter at any level, subject to the following age requirements:
- Bronze 14 years of age
- Silver 15 years of age
- Gold 16 years of age
- For each Award, those taking part must complete activities in four sections: Community Service, Adventurous Journeys, Skills/Hobbies, and Physical Recreation
- Students can receive up to 4 high school credits for completion of the Silver and Gold Awards