129 Brigade St, Buckmasters Circle, PO Box 26028, St. John’s, NL, A1E 0A5
Tel: (709) 579-0718 Fax: (709) 737-0342 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To develop respect, knowledge, and skills through community participation, advocacy, outreach, partnerships, program development and community services
Target Population: All community residents of Buckmasters Circle and the outlying area
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Preschool Aged Children
- Play and Learn Program: Children learn their basic colors, numbers, and
- School Aged Children
- Summer Program: Activities include swimming at Bowring Park, field days, Theme Days. BBQs, and field trips.
- Homework Haven: Youth Grades 7-12 can receive help with subjects such as math, English, science, spelling, and special projects for school.
- Youth Achieve: Literacy coaching to youth in Grades 6- 9 for 1 hour twice a week.
- 40+ Bingo: This Bingo has grocery item prizes and a ‘You Pick Bingo Card’. Held every Wednesday afternoon at the Community Centre’s main program room.
- Lunch and Learns: Monthly information sessions on a variety of topics which range from finance budgeting to health and safety to lifestyle tips.
- Connections for Caregivers-sessions for adults to learn about resources to help support them in their role as caregivers
- Family Supper: Community Cook-up is held once a month; volunteers come together to prepare and serve a free meal to the community.
- Family Fun Day-Held every summer to end off summer.
- Health Services
- Nurse Practitioner: Every Monday morning and all day Wednesday, there is a Nurse Practitioner available to make referrals and diagnose and manage infections, prescribe antibiotics, birth control etc. and also PAP Tests.
- Public Health Nurse: A public health nurse is on staff at the Community Centre, Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Healthy Baby Club: Every Wednesday morning 9-11, resource mothers provide information on nutrition, mother care, baby care, and much more for expecting moms of the community.
- Employment Services
- Resumes, cover letters, job search, interview techniques, youth employment readiness program.
- Other Services
- Coasts for kids, public internet access, photocopying and faxing, referral/support, annual back to school drive.