Big Brothers Big Sisters
Address: The Village Shopping Centre, 2nd Floor, PO Box 10, 430 Topsail Road, St. John’s, NL, A1E 4N1
|Tel: (709) 368-KIDS (5437) |
Fax: (709) 368-5477
|Instagram: @bbbseasternnl |
To enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
Children and youth ages 6 – 16 years of age in the St. John’s metro area.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Click here to fill out the application to enroll a young person in any the programs offered by Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- One to One Mentoring: Big Brothers and Sisters are adults 18 years of age and older who spend time with a child, participating in activities they both enjoy. Children can apply for service between the ages of 6 and 14 years.
- In School Mentoring: Matches students ages 6 – 11 years old with adult mentors in the school environment. During the school year, mentors spend one hour each week with their mentor participating in activities they both enjoy.
- Between Generations Mentoring: a version of the traditional one on one program, this program matches a mentor with a young person in the community or in school. A few hours a month the program targets early retirees or those in the 55+ community who share their wisdom, provide guidance and support and reflecting upon years of lived experience to help improve the lives of young people
- Group Mentoring:
- Go Girls Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds: girls who identify as female or non-binary and has a focus on physical activity, balanced eating, self-esteem and helping them build a positive self-image. Is held in schools during lunch over 7-8 week with 7 mentoring sessions.
- Game On Eat Smart, Play Smart: providing boys and those who identify as male or non-binary with resources and guidance to make informed decisions about a range of healthy lifestyle practices. This program includes seven core sessions and four additional modules on a issues and topic specific to the participants and mentor interests. The program takes place during lunch period.
- Big Possibilities (Post-Secondary & Career Readiness): for young people ages 14-19. It provides them a guide to prepare for their future, what job is suited for you, exploring the pathway to getting your dream job, resume skills, interview preparation, post-secondary visits and more
- Ways to support/events:
- Become a partner: partner with Big Brothers, Big Sisters and build your brand through cause related marketing campaigns, program sponsorship
- Host an event: organize your social groups, have fun while supporting an amazing cause
- Pedal for potential:
- Bowl for kids sake: come enjoy a night of fun in support of youth mentoring programs
- Go girls golf: a women’s only tournament is raising money in support of girls and those who identify as female and non-binary “Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds”
- Become a big igniter a group of passionate advocates who volunteer their time to support the mandate of the organization while building connections and having fun along the way
- Tribute & memorial gifts: honour a friend, mentor, or family member with a gift in their honour.
- Peeler discount cards: click here to purchase online, pick up in St.John’s locations, and fundraise by partnering up BBBS to sell cards and earn profit for your school or group (contact Kelly Leach at email@example.com for more information)