Artforce NL (Formerly for the Love of Learning)
Drop-in Centre: 37 Cookstown Road (above Bridges to Hope)
Address: PO Box 7231, Station C, St. John’s, NL, A1E 3Y4
|Tel: (709) 722-8848 |
|Twitter: @artforcenl |
Facebook: Artforce NL
Artforce is an arts-based charity offering support and empowerment to young people who face socio-economic obstacles.
The three pillars of our programming are:
- safe and inclusive environment
- A place of creativity and fun
- Where everyone is challenged to grow
NL youth ages 15-30 with the will to learn and create.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- We provide support, guidance and referrals.
- We offer arts-based career training, mental health & wellness initiatives, and peer-to-peer support
- Programs : we offer free workshops and mentorship programs that include: Theatre & Film (offered in the fall & winter), Art, Photography, Creative Writing (offered year-round), Career Building (offered year- round), Peer Support . To sign up for classes please contact Gemma Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 722-8848
- Get involved : Volunteer, become a board/committer member, and Teach: Artforce is always looking for teachers/mentors with various to work with youth involved in our programming. The teaching positions can be paid or unpaid depending on the position. Contact Gemma Hickey for more information at email@example.com
- We produce art exhibits, holiday cards, anthologies, stage plays, short films and more.
- We have an open-arts space, free internet, coffee and snacks.