Address: PO Box 21145, St. John’s, NL, A1A 5B2
|Tel: (709) 227-3326; or (709) 725-2209
Allied Youth (AY) is a non-profit organization ‘for youth, by youth’. AY is for young people to come together and have fun while developing leadership skills, interpersonal skills, self-awareness, and community involvement. AY also aims for youth to increase their awareness of youth issues, and, as a result, to the best of their ability improve themselves and their communities around them through youth-led initiatives.
Young people grades seven through twelve (Junior and Senior High School).
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Click here to register to be an Allied Youth
- Provincial conference: 4 day annual conference takes place during mid- April. The conference serves a number of purposes including but not limited to:
- electing a new provincial executive who will lead Allied Youth’s provincial programming over the next year
- give youth opportunity to learn about different topics, improve their leadership skills through education sessions, activities, keynote speakers and discussions and much more
- Leadership Kick-Off Weekend : three day annual conference that takes place in camp setting during mid October. Youth participate in fun recreational activities, engage in interesting topics that promote leadership, team work, and development of new skills.
- Leadership Training Weekend: hosted in September each year. The goals of this training weekend include:
- providing training on Allied Youth knowledge and mandate.
- providing specialized training that deals with material that will help Posts
- create network between the leaders of Allied Youth Newfoundland and Labrador
- AY Week: The goal is to encourage every Post to be active in their communities and schools and bring celebration of the AY program throughout the province
- In every A.Y group, the youth choose what they want to do. They get the opportunity to discover their own ways to develop into the leaders of today and tomorrow. This is done through youth-led initiatives – such as community or school events, volunteering, hosting fundraisers and education sessions on youth issues, etc.
- Besides getting the chance to enhance their community, and hang out with others in their community, A.Y. gives youth the opportunity to get out and explore somewhere new! AY hosts provincial events throughout the year where people from Posts and communities across the island come together.
- Awards & Scholarships : Presented at our provincial conference
- Alumni: have no designated responsibility but have been positively impacted by the program and will occasionally assist Post Advisors at the Post level and helping at Provincial level by presenting sessions, helping with general events