1 Arctic Avenue, University Center, Memorial University, (UC-4005), St. John’s, NL A1B 1T0
Tel: (709) 864-8278/864-3495 Email: ISRC@mun.ca
Mandate: To provide a safe, respectable, and culturally-sensitive safe for self-identified Indigenous students on campus. To complete the self-identification process, click here.
Target Population: All Indigenous students at Memorial University.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- The Indigenous Student Lounge has free photocopying, computer access, a fax machine, and a phone for local calls, as well as a fridge, microwave and free coffee and tea.
- Writing clinics to help with essay writing and research papers.
- ARO hosts a Drum Circle every Friday on the third floor of the University Centre.
- Student gatherings, occasional Indigenous films, Indigenous welcome events,
- Indigenous awareness activities, culturally safe spaces for students to practice smudging and