Provincial Council: PO Box 50, Calvert, NL A0A 1N0
|Tel: (709) 727-3397 |
|Website: http://4hnl.ca/ |
To develop 4-H youth as self-reliant, contributing members of society. 4-H is about acquiring knowledge and learning skills. 4-H youth are educated in self-reliance through learning to do by doing. The 4-H goals are: Knowledge, Leadership, Citizenship, and Personal Development.
Rural young people between the ages of 5 and 21 as well as adults who wish to become leaders to provide leadership for these children/youth.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
The 4-H program provides many great opportunities to an individual in a small community or large city including:
- Provincial Competitions: There are two types of annual competitions 4-H members can take part in: public speaking and demonstration
- Conferences & Exchanges: As a 4-H member, there are so many opportunities to get involved and expand your horizons. As a 4-H NL member you could:
- Learn about Canada’s parliamentary
- Visit Toronto and the Royal Agricultural Winter
- Grants & Scholarships: 4-H members and clubs are also eligible for a range of awards, grants, and scholarships.
- CIBC 4-H Post-Secondary Education Scholarship
- Eight scholarships valued at $1,000 are available across Canada to 4-H members who plan to pursue a post-secondary education in the field of engineering, arts, science, business or health.
- TD 4-H Agriculture Scholarship
- TD Bank Financial Group and the Canadian 4-H Council are proud to sponsor up to 12 scholarships valued at $2,500 each for 4-H members in their last year of high school who are planning to enroll in post-secondary education in an agriculture or agri-business related discipline.
- Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture Competition
- Held annually in November at the Royal Agriculture Winter Fair in Toronto. It’s an opportunity to develop your public speaking skills and a forum to express community concerns.
- 4-H Youth Exchanges Canada
- 4-H Youth Exchanges Canada is a reciprocal exchange between 4-H groups across Canada. The program provides groups of 10 delegates with the opportunity to see different parts of Canada, and gain lasting experiences and friendships