Rabbittown Learners Program
Address: 21 Merrymeeting Road, PO Box 23022 Churchill Square, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J9
|Tel: (709) 579-6033 |
Fax: (709) 579-8738
Facebook: Rabbittown Learners Program
To provide literacy/adult basic education, Level I training to adults so they can improve their reading and writing skills in a supportive environment that is appropriate to their individual needs. Additionally, to help students achieve their personal goals by creating an environment that allows the student to realize their full potential. This, in turn, encourages them to engage more fully in their community and in their family.
Anyone 19 years and up.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- The program accommodates twenty-four students
- Intake is on a continuous basis throughout the year depending on their needs and their achievements while in the program.
- Adult Basic Education, Level I Program
- Students receive 25 hours of instruction time per week.
- Curriculum Includes:
- Social Studies
- Government and Law
- The Workplace
- Introduction to Computers
- Consumer Education
- Please note: While there is no minimum level of education required to enter the program, New Canadian students are required to pass the Level 5 Canadian Language Benchmark.