ES 7-421, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4
Tel: (416) 340-4156 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-Free: 1-866-NEDIC-20 (1-866-633-4220) Facebook: @thenedic
Mandate: The National Eating Disorder Information Centre is a non-profit organization providing information, resources, referrals and support on eating disorders and food and weight preoccupation to individuals with eating disorders and their loved ones.
Target Population: Individuals dealing with eating disorders, food and weight preoccupation, or self-esteem issues; the families and friends of individuals dealing with the aforementioned issues, and professionals serving individuals dealing with the aforementioned issues.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- NEDIC’s telephone helpline, and instant chat service, at 1-866-633-4220 and www.nedic.ca, provides information on treatment and support related to eating disorders across Canada.
- Our instant chat helpline is open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST (10:30 AM – 10:30 PM Newfoundland time) Monday through Thursday. Friday hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST (10:30-6:30 Newfoundland time).
- The telephone helpline hours are 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday to Thursday, and 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Fridays.
- The online resource library provides helpful sources of information on eating disorders and related issues, including: online articles; books; magazines; journals; and other websites.
- Beyond Images/Au-delà de l’image is a turn-key curriculum developed by NEDIC for grades 4 through 8 that fills a gap in media literacy curricula nationally. For more information visit ca/audeladelimage.ca
- NEDIC works with other communities and organizations to develop information materials by providing support and advice; by connecting organizations and individuals working in the area of food and weight preoccupation; and by sharing information and resources. They also deliver workshops and presentations for schools, community groups and professional bodies via webinar only to audiences outside the Greater Toronto Area).