Citizens’ Crime Prevention Association of NL
Address: 35 Boyle Street, St. John’s, NL A1E 2H4
To highlight and promote crime prevention strategies in the province. A second mandate is to promote partnerships and information sharing among community organizations related to crime prevention.
Their slogan, “By Working Together – We Can Make a Difference”, encourages everyone in the province to take responsibility for ensuring that we all live in a crime free environment.
Citizens of all ages of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
Since its conception in 1988, member committees of the association have undertaken literally thousands of crime prevention projects in their communities. The local citizens’ groups identify problems in the area and work to try to eliminate those problems. The provincial association is there to offer whatever support is needed. The provincial association also acts as a lobbying group. Some of the projects undertaken are:
- Video on “Speeds on Our Highway”
- The File for Life
- The Rachel Challenge Program for students in grades K-12
- The Tommy Province Wide Anti-Violence Program for students in grade K-3
- Seminars on Domestic Violence
- Education sessions for Parents On: Alcohol and Drugs and Pornography on the Internet
- Suicide and Teen-Parent Manipulation Training Seminars
- Education Sessions for Seniors on Fraud, Elder Abuse and How to protect yourself