Sheriff’s Office – Dept. of Justice and Public Safety, GovNL
Address: 319 Duckworth Street, PO Box 5429, St. John’s, NL A1C 5W2
|General Inquiries: |
Tel: (709) 729-4646 Fax: (709)729-2157
Helpline for Online Registry: (709) 729-1880 or 1-800-699-7199
Website: https://jer-remote.justice.gov.nl.ca/ or www.justice.gov.nl.ca/just/department/branches/division/division_sheriffs_office.html
Email Inquiries to be sent using our online contact form
To provide such services as the law requires of the Sheriff’s Office, for the good of and on behalf of all the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. The Sheriff’s Office commits to their motto of “Service Above All” and uses it to provide an anchor for their actions.
Anyone involved in the justice system: members of the government, legal aid, law firms, and the general public.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- The Office is responsible for the service of court documents, the service of civil and criminal process and the administration of the Jury System by maintaining the province’s jury list and summoning prospective jurors.
- The Office handles the security of the Courts and the escorting of accused and convicted persons.
- It also enforces the decisions of the province’s Residential Tenancies Board
- When requested, the Office collects monies on behalf of the province’s Support Enforcement Agency and the Fines Administration Office.
- To view a list of resources click here
- To view the forms that may be applicable to you click here