Sexual Harassment Office – Memorial University
Address: ER 6037-39, Earth Sciences Bldg., Memorial University of NL, St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
|Tel: (709) 864-8199 St. John’s campus (Students may call collect if necessary) |
(709) 637-7195 Grenfell Campus
Staff: Sexual Harassment Advisor: Rhonda Shortall, St. John’s campus
Associate Advisor: Maxine Paul, St. John’s campus
Coordinator: Tracy Kreuzberg, Grenfell Campus
The Office works to prevent sexual harassment and sexual assault through education, mitigate the effects of sexual harassment and sexual assault, and identify methods for timely resolutions of concerns and complaints of sexual harassment and sexual assault brought forward by members of the university community. Concerns related to incidents on campus, off campus or online are addressed.
All members (students, staff and faculty) of the university community on all campuses and institutes of Memorial.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Educational sessions:
- Awareness events
- Information on the policy and procedures
- Faculty, student and staff orientations
- Consent education
- Bystander intervention
- First responder education
- Consultations: Private one on one session with the Sexual Harassment Advisor or designate. The Advisor can answer your questions and provide advice, guidance and support to ensure you make informed decisions. All consultations are strictly confidential and can occur through an office visit, WebEx meeting or telephone call. Anonymous consultation is available.
- Coordination of Timely Resolutions:
- Facilitation of timely response and resolution of concerns and complaints
- Consultation, support and guidance to all University members with concerns about sexual harassment or sexual assault.
- Offers both formal and informal resolution options in response to a complaint.
- Referrals to other resources, both on campus and in the community, can be coordinated through the office. You can also find resources customized per campus or institute in our Sexual Assault Support and Response Guides.
- Information for Complainants, click here.
- Information for Respondents, click here.