Salvation Army Correctional and Justice Services
Address: 18 Springdale Street St. John’s NL. A1E 2R1
|Tel: 709-237-0059 |
To extend our caring and compassion; support and practical assistance to everyone who willingly or unwillingly comes in conflict with the law (within the criminal justice system) regardless of age, color, gender orientation or religious affiliation.
All ages, male and female.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Pastoral care, support/counseling, including visitation to families upon request
- Professional programs offered to assist female inmates – Post release support offered as requested
- Communities: referrals to professionals/organizations having resources to meet individual specific needs, i.e.: food, clothing, housing, lawyers, counseling, etc.
- Court: placement and supervision provided for offender community service hours, as ordered by court, probation officer or self-referrals accepted
- Volunteer Program
- Pre- and post-release male offender re-integration programs
- Critical incident stress management intervention
- Suicide intervention