Safe Harbour Outreach Project (S.H.O.P.)
Address: 170 Cashin Avenue Extension, St. John’s, NL A1E 3B6
*SHOP has a confidential location*
|SHOP Program Coordinator: 709-771-7171|
SHOP Outreach & Advocacy Organizer: 709-219-4800
WOW (Warn Other Workers) Bad Date Line (24/7): 1-800-726-2743
SHOP exists to advocate for the human rights of sex workers. SHOP knows that there are many different lived experiences in sex work as there are sex workers. SHOP firmly believes that sex workers are experts of their own lives, and everything they do is rooted in that philosophy. SHOP believes in:
- The value of sex workers and their self determination
- The power of harm reduction
- The pursuit of social justice
S.H.O.P. supports women, trans, and non-binary folks who identify as a current or former sex worker or with lived experience in the sex trade, regardless of industry experience–this means that S.H.O.P. is here as a supportive resource for dancers, street level workers, in and out call workers, webcam workers, phone workers, independent escorts, those who work in massage parlours, sugaring, and more.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- One-on-one individual support, including home visits and accompaniments to appointments.
- Distribute safer sex supplies and clean drug use supplies
- Peer drop-ins
- Street outreach
- Healthcare supports
- Support around housing, the justice system, food, etc.
- Events, workshops, groups, and info sessions
- System navigation and referrals to other supports/programs
- Public education and training
- No waitlists and no referral forms to connect with SHOP