Public Legal Information Association of NL (PLIAN)
Address: Suite 301, 140 Water Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 1A8
|Tel: (709) 722-2643 |
Toll-Free Tel: 1-888-660-7788
|Fax: (709) 722-0054|
To provide public legal education and information services with the intent of increasing access to justice; a resource available to all members of society who require information about the law, legal processes, and the administration of justice.
All members of society
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Lawyer Referral Service
- PLIAN staff can provide general legal information but cannot offer legal advice or opinion.
- PLIAN also offers referrals to lawyers from across the province registered with the Lawyer Referral Service. These lawyers will offer a 30-minute consultation at a flat rate of $40, with no obligation beyond this 30-minute consultation.
- Community Information Sessions
- A presentation to deliver plain language information sessions about the criminal justice system by adopting a more informal approach, encouraging sharing and discussion amongst participants.
- The Journey Project
- Available to people of any gender aged 16 or over who have experienced sexual violence and are currently living in NL, or if they are currently living outside NL but experienced sexual violence in NL.
- Contact the Legal Support Navigators toll-free at 1-833-722-2805 or e- mail firstname.lastname@example.org.