15 Hallett Crescent, Suite 103, St. John’s, NL A1B 4C4
Tel: (709) 753-7270 Toll-Free Tel: 1-877-753-7270 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (709) 753-7367 Website: http://pacsw.ca/ Twitter: @PACSWNL
Facebook: @PACSWNL Instagram: @pacswnl
Mandate: The Council reports to the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women. Their mandate is to advise the minister on those matters relating to the status of women that the minister refers to the advisory council for consideration and that the advisory council feels appropriate, bring before the government and the public matters of interest and concern to women, and establish the general policies that will govern the organization, administration and operation of the advisory council.
Target population: Women’s policy office, women’s groups, community and other equality-seeking organizations which share an agenda to advance women’s equality.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- The current focus of the Council is related to the economic and social security of women.
- Social security is the cornerstone to living in positive and safe communities.
- Justice services, housing, safety, leadership at all levels, healthy relationships, youth development, social media, healthcare, cultural and environmental sustainability are all critical social security elements that help reduce violence and contribute to women’s equality.
- Staff reporting to the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women:
- Support the development of programs and policies to advance the status of women in the province.
- Ensure that the impact on women of all legislation, policies and programs is brought to the attention of the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women, Cabinet Committees and departments.
- Monitor and review programs and other activities of government departments and agencies to ensure compliance and conformity with the government policy of improving the status of women.
- Liaise with provincial government departments and agencies, other governments and advisory councils and women’s organizations on all issues affecting women.