My Parents Live Apart – PLIAN
Public Legal Information Association of NL (PLIAN)
Suite 301, 140 Water Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 1A8
|Toll-Free: 1-888-660-7788 |
|Twitter: @PLIAN_NL |
To provide some basic information about family law and give young people an idea of the processes that parents may go through when they separate or divorce.
Young people whose parents are separating or going through a divorce.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
The website acts as an information tool that may be helpful to answer some of the questions that can arise related to divorce or separation. Topics include
- Families & Change: Your family is changing, but you’ll be OK.
- Where’s my Place?: When families go through separation or divorce, it’s normal to wonder where you’ll live.
- Your Feelings are Real: Kids experience many emotions when separation and divorce happen.
- Do you Feel Safe?: Safety is important in every family. You can get help if you feel unsafe.
- What’s Child Support?: Your parents are talking about child support. Learn what it is and what it means for you.
- Family Law Dictionary: You’ll hear a lot of new words when your parents are separating or divorcing. But what do those words mean?
- Help is Here for You: If you need help, there are people who are ready to talk to you and listen.
Additional resources are available in the form of Videos and Printables.