Public Legal Information Association of NL (PLIAN)
Suite 301, 291-293 Water Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 1B9
Toll-Free: 1-888-660-7788 Email: email@example.com
Mandate: To provide some basic information about family law and give young people an idea of the processes that parents may go through when they separate or divorce.
Target population: Young people whose parents are separating or going through a divorce.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
The website acts as an information tool that may be helpful to answer some of the questions that can arise related to divorce or separation. Topics include:
- Families & Change: Your family is changing, but you’ll be OK.
- Where’s my Place?: When families go through separation or divorce, it’s normal to wonder where you’ll live.
- Your Feelings are Real: Kids experience many emotions when separation and divorce happen.
- Do you Feel Safe?: Safety is important in every family. You can get help if you feel unsafe.
- What’s Child Support?: Your parents are talking about child support. Learn what it is and what it means for you.
- Family Law Dictionary: You’ll hear a lot of new words when your parents are separating or divorcing. But what do those words mean?
- Help is Here for You: If you need help, there are people who are ready to talk to you and listen.