193 LeMarchant Rd, St. John’s, NL A1C 2H5
Tel: (709) 753-3888 Email: email@example.com Toll-Free: 1-877-753-888
Fax: (709) 753-3988 Twitter: @OCYANL
Mandate: We help children and youth be heard and get the services they have a right to receive from government, its boards and its agencies. We help children and youth express their opinions or views and if they are unable to do so, speak on their behalf. We stand up for children and youth rights.
Target Population: We provide services to any child or youth under the age of 19 years old who is entitled to receive services from a government department, agency or board. The age is extended to youth up to their 21st birthday if they are in a care or custody arrangement.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Individual Advocacy: We speak up for you, with you, or help you speak up for yourself so your voice is heard and your rights are respected.
- Systemic Advocacy: We look into issues that affect groups of children and youth.
- Reviews/Investigations: We review and investigate concerns on behalf of an individual or group of children or youth.
- Education and Outreach: We do education sessions and workshops with youth groups, community organizations, schools and professionals about your rights.
Reach out to us if you:
- You have a complaint(s) regarding access to services
- You believe your viewpoint is not being heard or that your rights are being ignored
- You believe that all information about your needs has not been considered
- Call us, email or drop into the office. We offer a friendly, accepting and supportive space.
- You can bring a support person if it makes you feel more comfortable.
We also have a fabulous Young Artist Program
- Are you a young artist under the age of 21?
- If so, we would love to show case your artwork on our website, social media, newsletters, reports and other resource materials about children’s rights. We are interested in drawings, paintings, photos and even your poetry. We provide a prize pack for all submissions. For more information see here.