NL Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre
Address: 15 Hallet Cres Suite 101, St. John’s NL, A1B 4C4
24-hour Crisis, Support, and Information Line (Toll-Free): 1-800-726-2743
|Tel: (709) 747-7757 |
Fax: (709) 747-7758
To provide non-judgmental, confidential support and services to anyone impacted by sexual violence; to work toward the prevention and eradication of sexual violence through public education and awareness campaigns.
Support services are provided for individuals 18+ impacted by sexual violence regardless of gender and sexuality.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- 24-hour support and information telephone line
- Short term in-person peer support (confidential).
- Appointments can be made by calling the Centre.
- Accompaniment to the RNC and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Referrals to professional and community supports throughout the province.
- Crisis Line Volunteer Training.
- Volunteers are available 24/7 to support anyone who has been impacted by sexual violence.
- The Journey Project, available to people of all genders age 16+, is designed to support survivors through the justice process. Participants can access to services of Legal Support Navigators who can provide legal information and supportive referrals to both legal and non-legal resources and up to 4 hours of free legal advice with a lawyer.
- Warn Other Workers Line for sex workers wishing to leave an anonymous message about a bad date and/or potentially dangerous clients
- In partnership with the Safe Harbour Outreach Project
Can be accessed 24/7 by calling 1-800-726-2743
- We also offer text/chat service Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 2-8pm and Friday’s from 12-8pm.
- This can be accessed by visiting endsexualviolence.com or by texting 1-800-726-2743