401 Empire Avenue, St. John’s, NL, A1E 1W6
24 hour Crisis, Support, and Information Line (Toll-Free): 1-800-726-2743
Mandate: To provide non-judgmental, confidential support and services to anyone impacted by sexual violence; to work toward the prevention and eradication of sexual violence through public education and awareness campaigns.
Target Population: Support services are provided to anyone impacted by sexual violence regardless of gender or sexuality.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- 24-hour support and information telephone line
- Short term in-person peer support (confidential).
- Appointments can be made by calling the Centre.
- Accompaniment to the RNC and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Referrals to professional and community supports throughout the province.
- Crisis Line Volunteer Training.
- Volunteers are available 24/7 to support anyone who has been impacted by sexual violence.
- The Journey Project, available to people of all genders age 16+, is designed to support survivors through the justice process. Participants can access to services of Legal Support Navigators who can provide legal information and supportive referrals to both legal and non-legal resources and up to 4 hours of free legal advice with a lawyer.
- Warn Other Workers Line for sex workers wishing to leave an anonymous message about a bad date and/or potentially dangerous clients
- In partnership with the Safe Harbour Outreach Project
- Can be accessed 24/7 by calling 1-800-726-2743