Mount Pearl Citizens’ Crime Prevention Committee
Address: 26 Massey Crescent, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 2H2
To reduce crime in the city of Mount Pearl and to promote partnerships and information sharing related to crime and crime prevention among community organizations. They also provide public education and awareness on community-based crime prevention strategies.
All citizens in Mount Pearl of all ages and businesses that operate in Mount Pearl.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
Their main goal is to promote the safety and security of all citizens. The focus is to develop community wellness through crime prevention strategies which address the needs of the public, business, government and police. They act as a clearinghouse in Mount Pearl of information on best practices of community wellness through crime prevention. As well, they work with the police to advise the community and our municipal government on trends, strategies and priorities of crime prevention. Some of the programs of the committee over the last several years include:
- Two to three Senior Citizens Lunch and Learn Presentations each year on topics relevant to seniors.
- Buddy Bench Program in all Primary Schools in Mount Pearl.
- Halloween/Safety Skeleton Program in Partnership with the City of Mount Pearl.
- Police Officer for a Day Program with Middle School Students in Mount Pearl.
- Parking Lot Safety Program in December of each year.
- Support on RNC D.A.R.E. Program (Drug Abuse Resistance Education Program) each year.
- Partnership with City of Mount Pearl’s Neighbourhood Watch Program.