CMHA-NL Provincial Office: 603 Topsail Rd., St. John’s, NL A1E 2E1
Tel: (709) 753-8550 Toll-Free: 1-877-753-8550 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To facilitate access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness. This mission is accomplished through building capacity, influencing policy, providing services, and developing resources.
Target Population: Persons with lived experience, family members/caregivers, professionals, workplaces/employees, students, children and youth.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Educational/ training workshops including: Changing Minds, Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, Psychological Health and Safety, programs for children & youth (Healthy Relationships Plus, SafeTalk, Think Twice, Kids Have Stress Too, etc.), Workplace Mental Health, Seniors’ Mental Health.
- Awareness raising campaigns and events to support the organization’s work: Mental Health Week (May), Ride Don’t Hide (June), Tickle Swim for Mental Health (August).
- The Justice Program provides individualized support services to persons diagnosed with concurrent disorders or dual diagnosis within the correction system and supports them after their release into the community in order to promote recovery and a reduction in recidivism.
- Consultation and collaboration: Consultation on public policy and services, and collaboration with government departments, agencies, health authorities, and community organizations and all stakeholders to improve the mental health system in the province.
- General information and referral regarding mental health and addictions resources and services in the province.