Canadian Mental Health Association – NL Division (CMHA-NL)
CMHA-NL Provincial Office: 603 Topsail Rd., St. John’s, NL A1E 2E1
|Tel: (709) 753-8550 |
Fax: (709) 753-8537
|Twitter: @CMHANL |
To facilitate access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness. This mission is accomplished through building capacity, influencing policy, providing services, and developing resources.
Persons with lived experience, family members/caregivers, professionals, workplaces/employees, students, children and youth.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- CMHA-NL’s Workplace Mental Health Program and our Education Program offer mental health training and educational sessions for individuals, workplaces, schools, and other groups. From two-day certification courses to lunch-and-learns, our qualified facilitators can customize sessions to meet your needs. We also meet requests for information booths at conferences, schools, and other events.
- CMHA-NL’s Justice Program Case Managers work with individuals involved in the NL corrections system to promote recovery and reduce recidivism. Our team assists members of the Justice Program with a variety of needs, including housing, food security, employment, counseling, and more. Case Managers work with members while incarcerated and following their release for a period of up to 18 months.
- CMHA-NL’s At Work Program provides employment support for people living with a mental health issue or mental illness who are unemployed or under-employed and are seeking meaningful employment. The At Work Program also provides wage subsidies for employers. The Employment Support Coordinator works with employers and employees to ensure a smooth transition to work.
- Also check out our Self Help section, to access our FAQ and additional resources
- If you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis please contact the mental health crisis line by calling 811