Canadian Federation of Students NL
Address: 342(f) Freshwater Road, A1B 1C2
|Tel: (709) 737-3204 |
|Fax: (709) 737-2371 |
To provide students with an effective and united voice, provincially and nationally. CFS-NL’s goals are to eliminate the social and financial barriers that students are faced with in accessing post-secondary education.
All post-secondary students in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Collectively organizes at the local, provincial and national levels to ensure that students’ rights and concerns are fully represented in government policy.
- Undertakes anti-oppression work to challenge racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and all other forms of discrimination both on campus and in the community.
- Through the Federation, students’ unions collectively pool their resources to provide student owned and operated services such as the International Student Identity Card, Student Discount Program, the National Student Health Network, and the Student Work Abroad Program.
- Members of the CFS in Newfoundland and Labrador include:
- Memorial University of Newfoundland Students’ Union (MUNSU); www.munsu.ca
- Grenfell College Student Union (GCSU); www.gcsuonline.ca
- Marine Institute Students’ Union (MISU); https://www.mi.mun.ca/calendar/current/studentinformation/studentunion/
- College of the North Atlantic Students’ Union; https://www.cna.nl.ca/current-students/Student-Union.aspx
- Graduate Students’ Union of Memorial University of Newfoundland (GSU); www.gsumun.ca