AIDS Committee of Newfoundland and Labrador (ACNL)
Address: 47 Janeway Place, St. John’s, NL A1A 1R7
|Tel: (709) 579-8656|
Toll Free: 1-800-563-1575
Shelter Tel: (709) 579-8348
Fax: (709) 579-0559
| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
To prevent the spread of HIV and Hepatitis C. ACNL works to support those living with, affected by, or at risk for HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C. ACNL advocates for change while networking on a provincial, regional, national, and international level regarding HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C issues.
People living with, affected by, or at risk for HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
ACNL provides a range of services to support those living with, affected by, or at risk for HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C, as well as providing services to the general population of the province.
- HIV/HCV Services
- Support Services (advocacy, referrals, appointment accompaniment, supportive counselling, etc.)
- Transitional Housing
- Six independent living units (one 2-bedroom and five 1-bedroom)
- Applicants must be 18 years or older living with and/or affected by HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C
- For more information, please contact our Housing Coordinator, Christine Bryne, at 709-579-8656 or 1-800-563-1575, through the contact form on ACNL’s website, or via email
- Tommy Sexton Centre Emergency Shelter
- 4-bed emergency, short-term shelter for individuals ages 16 and up.
Priority for individuals living with HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C. Gender- neutral facility, further priority for LGBTQ2S+ shelter placement. However, all individuals experiencing homelessness are able to access shelter
- Residential Counsellors provide housing search support, crisis and supportive counselling, linkage and referrals to community and government programs, assistance with life skills development, and other services
- For more information on the Emergency Shelter Services Program, please contact the Shelter Services Coordinator, Alexe Morgan, by phone at (709) 579-8656, through the contact form on ACNL’s website, or via email.