55 Elizabeth Avenue, Box 16, St. John’s, NL, A1A 1W9
Mandate: The intention of this clinic is to offer summary legal advice, on a pro bono basis, to self- represented litigants either contemplating starting a Small Claims Court matter or with an ongoing Small Claims Court matter.
Target Population: Individuals seeking assistance for small-claims court matters.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Clinic clients will meet with a volunteer lawyer who can provide basic legal assistance and guidance. Volunteer lawyers will not appear in court or complete any legal documents for clinic participants. The maximum time for each appointment is 25 minutes.
- Clinics are held monthly at the Supreme Court, General Division, 309 Duckworth Street, St. John’s. Appointments are required.
- The Newfoundland and Labrador Branch has over 20 specialty groups, or sections, that focus on substantive areas of the law and the legal profession.
- Our active volunteers analyze trends, address issues, develop tools and resources, participate in committees, and contribute to professional development and advocacy work on important legal matters. They provide valuable leadership, expertise and insight, serving our members’ professional needs.
- For the full list of Sections, click here.
- For legal links, click here.
- For Public Legal Education and Information in Canada, click here.