Intersections: A Resource Centre for Marginalized Genders
Address: 230 Elizabeth Ave., Memorial University, University Centre, room UC1009, St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
|Tel: (709) 864-4366 |
Intersections: A Resource Centre for Marginalized Genders is currently the only student-run, feminist organization on campus, funded by both MUN Student’s Union and Student Affairs and Services. We are dedicated to creating a space on campus where marginalized genders can rest, discuss, find resources/services, and connect with other like-minded people.
Anyone, regardless of their gender, can come get resources at anytime. In saying this, Intersections will typically reserve the sitting/socializing area for people of marginalized genders. (i.e., anyone that does not identify as cisgender male).
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Menstrual Health Products (menstrual cups, pads, tampons, liners)
- To apply to receive a menstrual cup, individuals can check our website and submit a request there or email us directly. Supplies may be limited during certain times of year
- Pregnancy Tests
- Peer Counselling
- Condoms (internal & external) girl
- Trans Support Group, Asexual/Aromatic Support Group, Sex Worker Support Group
- We offer several funds that students and community organizations can apply for, including the Trans Student/Student Parent Fund and the Solidarity and Action Fund. Other opportunities for funding and individual aid are also available as needed, check our website for more info.