Youth Services Site, 12-16 Carter’s Hill Pl, PO Box 8700, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4J6
Tel: (709) 729-4412 E-mail (General): CSSDInfo@gov.nl.ca
Fax: (709) 729-4420 Website: http://www.cssd.gov.nl.ca/
Mandate: Provides supportive, residential, financial, educational and rehabilitative services to youth 16 years of age and older who are (or are at risk of) being maltreated by their parent(s).
Target Population: Youth 16 to 18 years old.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Residential Services: Residential support and financial services are available to young people 16-18 who are or at risk of being maltreated by their parents. An assessment is completed by a social worker to determine eligibility. Services include:
- Support with Housing and School
- Individual or Family Counselling
- Connection to Other Services
- Transition to Other Services (due to age limitations)
- Supportive/Non-residential Services:Support services for youth which enable them to remain at home.
- Adolescent Mental Health Counselling: Individual, group and family counseling is provided to youth 12-18, referred exclusively by Children, Seniors and Social Development as well as Corrections. A variety of therapeutic approaches are used to assist with the challenges of adolescence. Problem areas include abut are not limited to:
- Parent/ Child Conflicts
- Peer Group Decision Making
- Eating Disorders
- Depression; Self-Harm Behaviors
- Grief and Loss
- Addiction/ Substance Abuse
- Anger Management