Canadian Cancer Society
|Cancer Information Helpline: 1-888-939-3333 |
Online Support Communities: www.cancerconnection.ca or www.parlonscancer.ca
To provide accommodations to individuals who must travel to St.John’s for cancer treatment.
Individuals who must travel to St. John’s for cancer treatment and their families.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
Tel: (709) 753-6520 Toll-Free: 1-888-753-6520
70 Ropewalk Lane
St. John’s, NL, A1E 5T2
- Our facility offers a total of 24 rooms with 35 beds for people with cancer and their caregivers. We charge a subsidized rate of $30 per bed per night for first person and $20 for every additional person. This fee includes 3 delicious meals and 2 snacks.
- Reservations can be made between the hours of 8:00am-12:00 am, seven days a week. They are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are made based on availability and a request made for you through the healthcare system.
- Our facility welcomes people with cancer, as well as a caregiver or loved one. Our private rooms offer:
- either 2 single beds or 1 queen-sized bed, with an attached bathroom (2 rooms are wheelchair-accessible)
- telephone for free local calls
- satellite TV
- internet access
- small refrigerator
- linens and towels
To make your stay as pleasant as possible, we offer:
- meals and snacks
- volunteer driver program to help clients who do not have other transportation get to and from medical appointments
- wig and breast prosthesis services