Mandate: To empower people to live their best possible lives through case management, supportive living and affordable housing. The Homestead Program is a Lived Experience employer and believes in the value of experiential expertise in all levels of programming.
Target Population: Ages 18+
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Johns Homestead Inc. is a non-profit organization based in St. John’s, NL. The corporation aims to address homelessness through case management of vulnerable and at-risk adults via the Homestead program. All referrals must come from the NLHC.
- We also aim to create new affordable housing in Phase 2 with a focus on universal design.
- Our Guiding Principles
- End homelessness through a community approach
- Advocate for every person’s right to a safe home
- Create a space that promotes inclusivity and dignity
- Operate from a place of unconditional compassion and respect
- Prioritize everyone’s expertise in their own lives
- Value and incorporate lived experience at all organizational levels
- Bridge gaps in services
- Always remain client-centered in all that we do